?

?

Sunday 23 February 2014

Dean Gate Farm

This building, dated 1842, has been derelict for as long as I have lived in the area (over 20 years) and I've struggled to find any history or information on the place so far. I've walked past it many times, and had a quick look around the outside. One boring Saturday afternoon, I decided to photograph as much as I could, just for the hell of it!



 
The house next door is habited in, and the owner can be a little upset when he sees people looking around the abandoned building. Luckily, he didn't seem to be about when I was there. However, I had a scary moment when I was poking around the back of the building, nosying around the barn. I distinctly heard footsteps approaching and sensed that someone was outside, but when I poked my head our of the door, nobody was there - spooky!!!
 
 
 
 







 
 
 
So I made a pretty sharp exit and went back to the front of the building.
 
 
 
 
There is no glass in any of the windows, but several have had a bad patch-up job done with plastic or wooden boards.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Time for a nosy through the gaps in the windows . . .
 
 
Please excuse the photo quality of the interior shots but I couldn't use my tripod on the uneven, boggy ground.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This must've been a beautiful building in its day. Sad to see it like this. Maybe somebody will renovate it at some point?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment