?

?

Wednesday 4 December 2013


After a half-term visit to the National Media Museum in Bradford, I decided to see if I could find a mill photographed by a fellow urbexer I know. It was about three miles out of Bradford City centre. En route, I spotted a derelict mill from the main road. A quick explore revealed that access inside was impossible.



We continued on to find Prospect Mill, which consists of a few buildings, all in a bad state of disrepair. The first mill building, the large mill, was in existence by 1849 and the first warehouse, dated 1849, followed soon after. The business continued to expand, with the small mill built in around 1850-60, and the second warehouse fronting the road in 1855. It was a rotten day, weather-wise and I only had a short time to explore, as my companions were not at all interested in looking around a derelict mill.



Opposite the mill, was a bright yellow truck, obviously been parked up for some time as nature was fighting back with a mean growth of brambles.




Back to the mill, I could see a way in, but didn't fancy it on my own and with time against me on this visit, I decided to just take some shots of the outside. I did have a wander into a garage which housed a battered up old red Lada. However, without a tripod and decent flash, my results were too poor to publish.


Naturally, there was the obligatory old chair, begging to be photographed. And, as it's Hallowe'en, I'll add a shot of the mask in the rubble.














No comments:

Post a Comment